Friday, November 5, 2010

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Excerpt from  This Beloved Road

*  *  *  *  *
For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.
John 3:16 (AMP)
And this is eternal life: [it means] to know (to perceive, recognize, become acquainted with and understand) You, the only true and real God, and [likewise] to know Him, Jesus [as the] Christ, (the Anointed One, the Messiah), whom You have sent.
John 17:3 (AMP)


Father, thank you for the eternal life you have given me. It is not a gift we open after we die. It is poured in and upon us the moment we trust, cling, rely, believe. No man can fully understand or grasp it except in brilliant pieces, over and over again.
Thank you for your Son. Thank you for your Spirit. Thank you for the security I have found in you.

I hear the ocean of your voice roaring inside me. I feel the thunder of your presence vibrating in my soul. I know the stability of the truth on which I stand and I am again shaken to my depths. You are beyond words. You are beyond all human thoughts can contain.

Stretch my thoughts. Stretch my mind. Open me up. Open my understanding to know you more, my God and Father. Let me see as you see. Let me love as you love. Let me be as you are, even a true ambassador.

Oh holy Father, let me grasp anew the depths of your love. Let me see afresh the heights of your thoughts. Let me taste again the sweetness of you, knowing you never change. Deepen my love. Widen my perspective. Broaden my understanding. Don’t leave me in this place, although it is one of great splendor. Take me deeper into your chambers. Draw me across the rocky slopes and into your secret places. Take me closer into you.

Father, I long for your thoughts to be my thoughts and your ways to be my ways. I long to be renewed completely. I long to walk and live in your grace and mercy without interruption. And as I long, you also long. As you draw, I will come. I will step across deep crevices, climb up steep cliffs, walk through tough places, and swim in rough waters as you teach me and train me in your goodness. And I will rejoice again and again in the abundance of your life in me.
    

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for visiting your blog. I love your anointed prayers. You are a blessings!!!!!! we are touch for your faithfulness and dedication. more souls will save......
    we are excited to meet you soon woman of God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jered. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete